A lead carpenter is a craftsperson with an extensive skillset and a high experience level who is able to manage job sites with multiple employees and trade contractors.
This is a full-time contract position.
99% of your time will be spent working on job sites with normal hazards associated with a construction environment. Substantial driving will be required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of five years of experience in all phases of residential construction.
- Supervisory experience.
- Extensive knowledge of residential construction and remodelling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools, equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, safety and applicable building codes.
- Proficient in blueprint reading.
- Able to perform the layout, framing, and finishing of typical projects including new homes, room additions, and remodelling.
- Able to draw appropriate sketches to communicate details to employees and others.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to prepare material and labour estimates.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to interpret job cost reports.
Interpersonal and Communications Skills
- Able to clearly explain steps, provide clear directions, and answer questions about construction processes from employees and subcontractors.
- Adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in the construction process that facilitate harmonious working relationships during the project and permit the prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur.
- Able to organize the progress of multiple employees and trade contractors on a single job site.
- Able to quickly identify potential schedule conflicts and generate and implement needed modifications.
- Able to complete and fulfill paperwork required for purchase orders and time sheets.
Problem Solving Ability
- Able to quickly generate alternative solutions to resolve scheduling conflicts, project delays, and design modifications.
- Able to perform tasks in all areas and aspects of a construction project.
- Able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet.
- Able to crawl for distances of 50 feet.
- Able to work with tools, lumber, and materials.
- Able to lift and manipulate objects up to 80lbs for up to 50 feet.