A carpenter’s assistant/labourer is an entry-level craftsperson with minimal skill and experience level who is able to perform basic carpentry tasks.
This is a full-time contract position.
99% of your time will be spent working on job sites with normal hazards associated with a construction environment. Some driving will be required. A valid driver’s license is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of six months of experience in some type of construction.
- Basic knowledge of residential construction and remodelling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools, equipment, and materials.
- Minimal ability to read blueprints.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to take and compute measurements.
Interpersonal and Communications Skills
- Able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in the construction process that facilitate harmonious working relationships during the project and permit the prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur.
- Able to organize assigned tasks for completion alone or with help.
- Able to complete and fulfill paperwork required for personal time sheets.
Problem Solving Ability
- Able to recognize when to ask for help.
- Able to perform tasks in all areas and aspects of a construction project.
- Able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet.
- Able to crawl for distances of 50 feet.
- Able to work with tools, lumber, and materials.
- Able to lift and manipulate objects up to 80lbs for up to 50 feet.