A carpenter is a craftsperson with a skill and experience level greater than a helper or labourer but less than a lead carpenter. The carpenter will generally have a smaller tool inventory and may need direction to perform more advanced carpentry skills.
This is a full-time contract position.
99% of your time will be spent working on job sites with normal hazards associated with a construction environment. Some driving will be required. A valid driver’s license is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of experience in all phases of residential construction.
- Knowledge of residential construction and remodelling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools, equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
- Proficient in stain-grade trim work, hanging doors, drilling and setting door hardware, setting windows, laying out stairs and common rafters, reading blueprints, and utilizing the appropriate math skills.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to prepare material estimates.
Interpersonal and Communications Skills
- Able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in the construction process that facilitate harmonious working relationships during the project and permit the prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur.
- Able to organize assigned tasks for completion alone or with help.
- Able to complete and fulfill paperwork required for personal time sheets in a timely manner.
Problem Solving Ability
- Able to envision all steps in assigned tasks.
- Able to perform tasks in all areas and aspects of a construction project.
- Able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet.
- Able to crawl for distances of 50 feet.
- Able to work with tools, lumber, and materials.
- Able to lift and manipulate objects up to 80lbs for up to 50 feet.